Employment Opportunities at Roycemore
Roycemore is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, creed, gender preference or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its policies.
Seeking subs for elementary education, specifically Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 4. Substitute teachers must have teaching capabilities in multiple areas, the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and students, the ability to address the various learning styles of students, and the ability to maintain effective classroom management strategies. Substitute teachers are called on an as needed basis and may be needed for one day, one week or a long term position. Substitute teachers arrive by 8AM, with classes beginning at 8:30AM, and generally ending by 3:30PM.
Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Melinda Orzoff, Lower School Division Head
1200 Davis Street
Evanston, IL 60201
Roycemore School Middle School Head / Teacher
Roycemore School seeks a Middle School Head / Teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. Now in its 103rd year, Roycemore is a highly regarded, co-educational independent school for students from 3 years old through 12th grade. Located in Evanston, Illinois, on the north side of Chicago, Roycemore enjoys a long-standing relationship with Northwestern University including the Northwestern option, where high school students can choose to take college courses at the University as dual-enrolled students for no additional charge. The Middle School Head serves on the senior administrative team of the school and reports directly to the Head of School. Roycemore’s Middle School is comprised of approximately 60 students in 5th through 8th grade. Some of the classes as well as advisory pair 5th and 6th grade together and 7th and 8th grade together. For more information on Roycemore School and specifically it’s middle school, visit: https://roycemoreschool.org/academics/middle-school/
Roycemore’s mission is to inspire and nurture excellence and prepare each student for success in higher education and in a dynamic and complex world.
– Exercises vision and provides leadership that appropriately involves members of the school community
– Supervises, manages and oversees the development of the Division teachers and support staff
– May teach a section or two of an academic class (preferably mathematics) and serves as the primary transition administrator/ teacher for fifth grade
– Oversees the evaluation and professional development of Division faculty, assesses faculty performance and reviews with faculty
– Serves as a consultant to Division faculty in matters of classroom management, teaching methods and school procedures
– Conducts regular staff meetings; ensures communication of information that impacts department members and students
– Assists the Head of School with recruitment and selection of new and replacement faculty
– Provides orientation and support to new teachers
– Attends special events, officiates at school events and assemblies
– Builds community among students through presence, interaction in classrooms, teaching and organizing activities
– Provides academic guidance to students, handles major discipline issues
– Reviews student assessment/ documents
– Ensures appropriate standardized testing for Middle School students
– Ensures safe environment for faculty, staff and students
– Collaborates with Head of School and Senior Admin team to update Student and Parent Handbook, and Employee Handbook, and Middle School Guide
– Communicates regularly with parents in writing and meets individually with parents at their request
– Facilitates dialogue and communication with parents and teachers and the administration
– Oversees curriculum development, supervises scheduling of classes, provides for in-service of faculty as needed, provides for extra curricular learning activities for students, supports student activities
– Interfaces with the Learning Specialists and Gifted Coordinator in support of student growth
– Oversees textbook and teaching material selection and ordering, and recommends library books, materials and other learning media additions
– Interfaces with the Director of Admissions in all aspects of admissions, meets with all applicant families, participate in the evaluation of applicants, facilitates orientation for new students and families
– Assists with Open House and other admissions activities
– Promotes the Roycemore Middle School experience to potential students and their families
Develops and Manages the Division Budget
– Collaborates with the Director of Curriculum and Innovation to assess, document, and develop curricular alignment throughout each grade level
– Collaborates with the Director of Curriculum and Innovation to recommend teacher professional development
– Oversees the Middle School Personal Passion Project (P3) program
– Maintains expertise through Professional Development
– Recommends the addition of new courses as needed
– Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of School
– Master’s Degree or post graduate work in subject matter or equivalent with a preference in education, educational administration, or instruction
– A minimum of five years teaching and leadership experience in an independent school environment
– Demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills
– Possesses a passion for education of middle school students and has demonstrated experience balancing strong leadership/ discipline for middle school in an engaging environment built on respect and community
– Ability to communicate effectively with constituents from the entire school community
– Ability to supervise and manage multiple functions and activities
– Strategic thinker who sees the larger picture
– Ability to understand and embrace Roycemore School’s mission
– Ability to balance and prioritize the needs of the school
– Ability to define problems and implement appropriate solutions
– Pedagogical background to evaluate curriculum and course materials
– Collaborates well with colleagues of diverse backgrounds on pedagogical approaches, curricular alignment and instructional strategies
– Superb people skills; compassionate
– A strong team player
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills
– Proficient in using instructional technology
– Demonstration of the School’s core values
– Committed to diversity and inclusion
Policy of non-discrimination:
Roycemore School does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, ancestry, order of protection status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected category in connection with its activities as an employer. Roycemore also subscribes to the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (“ISACS”) and the National Association of Independent Schools’ (“NAIS”) principles of good practice regarding admission of students and employment of personnel.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter expressing interest in the position and articulating their philosophy of education, resume, and three to five references to firstname.lastname@example.org. For best consideration, submit application no later than October 15, 2019
Part Time Receptionist
Roycemore School seeks a new Part Time Receptionist beginning immediately. Now in its 102nd year, Roycemore is a highly regarded, coeducational independent school for students from 3 years old through 12th grade. Located in Evanston, Illinois, on the north side of Chicago, Roycemore enjoys a long-standing relationship with Northwestern University including the Northwestern option, where high school students can choose to take college courses at the University as dual-enrolled students for no additional charge.
The Part Time Receptionist will act as the first point of contact for Roycemore School and must possess a warm and friendly demeanor while upholding safety measures and protocols.
For more about Roycemore School, please visit the website at www.roycemoreschool.org The successful candidate will enthusiastically embrace Roycemore’s mission, culture, and community in order to serve as an effective ambassador. The part time receptionist will report to the Director of Finance and Operations.
Greeting, welcoming, screening and directing visitors appropriately
Answering main phone lines and directing calls
Maintaining student attendance
Handling of daily mail and internal mailboxes
Signing for and distributing orders that are delivered
Assist parents, students and staff with various requests
Provide administrative/clerical assistance to administrative offices
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES:
Positive attitude and welcoming demeanor
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously
Real-time problem-solving skills, flexibility and compatibility are essential
Ability to address confidential matters discreetly
Excellent organizational skills
Experience with administrative applications including Google Calendar, Google Docs and Google Forms
Knowledge of safety and security processes for schools
College degree is preferred by not required
The hours for this position will likely be 3pm to 6pm
Position also serves as back-up for the full-time receptionist and would cover sick, personal and vacation days for that team member
Roycemore School embraces diversity of people, cultures, and ideas and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals interested should send a cover letter and resume via mail or e-mail to: email@example.com
Summer Marketing Internship (Unpaid)
Roycemore School seeks an unpaid Summer Marketing Intern for the Summer of
2019. Now in its 103rd year, Roycemore is a highly regarded, co-educational
independent school for students from 3 years old through 12th grade. Located in
Evanston, Illinois, on the north side of Chicago, Roycemore enjoys a long-
standing relationship with Northwestern University including the Northwestern
option, where high school students can choose to take college courses at the
University as dual-enrolled students for no additional charge.
Our mission is to inspire and nurture excellence and prepare each student for
success in higher education and in a dynamic and complex world.
Roycemore School is seeking an unpaid Summer Marketing Intern for 2019 to
help support the initiatives of the school as they relate to Marketing,
Communications, and Development. Tasks include (but are not limited to)
website upkeep, digital communications, marketing plan execution, fundraising
initiatives, and more.
The person in this position will ideally work at least 4 hours a day, 3 days a week.
Mid June – Mid August *
Morning Shift: 8.30-12:30*
Afternoon Shift: 12:30-4:30*
*Exact start and end date are flexible. Shift times can also be adjusted.
Candidates should be reliable, curious, hardworking, enjoy learning new things
and have basic computer skills. Strong writing skills a plus. No prior work
Perfect for a High School or College student interested in learning more about
Marketing and/or Development (Fundraising).
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
Works in a very busy and involved environment dealing with a wide variety of
challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
Work primarily in a traditional climate controlled office environment.
Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including extreme heat and
Roycemore is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected
veterans, and individual with disabilities.
For best consideration please email or send cover letter and resume with 3
Director of Marketing, Enrollment and Communications
1200 Davis St.
Evanston, IL 60201
POLICY OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Roycemore School does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color,
sexual orientation, national origin, religion, ancestry, order of protection status,
marital status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy,
unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected
category in connection with its activities as an employer.