Hello Roycemore Community!
I hope everyone had a wonderful summer, and that you are as excited as I am for this upcoming school year! As we focus on getting our kiddos ready to return to school, our Head of School search committee has been busy planning to find our next leader. As you may recall, we have partnered with Educational Directions (Mike Murphy and John Watson) to help us with the search, and they have been incredibly busy working on our behalf! Here are some examples of the outreach they have done thus far:
- They have reached out to 156 Heads of ISACS schools.
- They have reached out to over 400 middle administrators in independent schools
- The prospectus has been posted to the NAIS and ISACS career sites
- They have reached out to the Directors of university programs that offer advanced degrees in independent/private school administration and leadership.
- They have also contacted program administrators at Northwestern University and the University of Illinois to learn if they have any local aspiring heads.
- They have reached out to Heads who lead the aspiring heads programs for people of color.
Their efforts thus far have resulted in some talented and interesting people who have expressed interest in the position. The pool grows every day. A few of them have past relationships with Evanston through Northwestern, and some even have past relationships with Roycemore. They will continue to add great candidates and go through a VERY intense scrutiny of each candidate in order to narrow the list to those who are the strongest fit with Roycemore.
The next step in the process is that the consultants would like to meet with our community. This will include meeting with teachers, administrators, as well as the parents! They will be visiting our campus on August 25th and 26th. I strongly encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity, as we want to ensure that everyone’s voice is reflected in this process. In preparation for their visit, Mike and John have some questions that they would like you to ponder:
- As you and your child begin the new school year, what are the three most important things the school can do to add value to the Roycemore experience?
- What do you most need from Roycemore administrators?
- What is the most important aspect of the Roycemore community that the new head of School needs to understand in order to be successful?
- What are the top three challenges that Roycemore faces in the next five years from a parent perspective?
Again, I hope you will take advantage of this opportunity, and I look forward to an exciting and safe school year!
Chair, Head of School Search Committee
Vice Chair, Board of Trustees